Fitbit medical smartwatch is an American consumer electronics and fitness company. It produces wireless-enabled wearable technology, physical fitness monitors, and activity trackers such as smart watches, pedometers, and monitors for heart rate, quality of sleep, and stairs climbed as well as related software. The company was acquired by Alphabet, Inc. in January 2021.
It comes with a built-in pedometer to count your daily number of steps, 24/7 heart rate monitoring, spo2 tracker, menstrual health tracker, and much more. All Fitbit smartwatches and wearables can synchronize seamlessly with computers and smartphones.
Fitbit has a number of health-related features that include:
- Activity tracking: Fitbit devices can track the user’s daily activity levels, including steps taken, distance traveled, and calories burned. This can help users set goals and monitor progress toward achieving them.
- Heart rate monitoring: Many Fitbit devices have built-in heart rate monitors that can track the user’s heart rate throughout the day, as well as during exercise. This can help users monitor their overall cardiovascular health and optimize their workouts.
- Sleep tracking: Fitbit devices can track the user’s sleep patterns, including how long they sleep and the quality of their sleep. This can help users identify any issues with their sleep and make lifestyle changes to improve it.
- Nutrition tracking: Fitbit also offers a nutrition tracking feature that allows users to log their food intake and monitor their calorie intake and macronutrient ratios. This can help users make healthier choices and achieve their weight loss or fitness goals.
- Stress management: Some Fitbit devices also have stress management features that track the user’s stress levels throughout the day and provide recommendations for stress-reducing activities, such as meditation or breathing exercises. This can help users manage their stress and improve their overall mental health.
Other Popular Medical Smart Watches Include:
The Fitbit Series is another popular smartwatch line, known especially for its fitness tracking.
Fitbit Charge 5
Since we started with Apple’s finest, it made sense to move on to Fitbit’s most advanced tracker: The Fitbit Charge 5.
One advantage that the Fitbit has over Apple is its compatibility since it works with iOS and Android smartphones. It also has an exceptionally long battery life of 7 days, whereas the Apple Watch offers a battery charge of anywhere between 15-18 hours.
The Fitbit has some excellent activity trackers to monitor user mobility, including steps taken, distance traveled, and calories burned. It gives phone notifications, is water-resistant, and has heart-rate monitoring and stress monitoring; all of which make it a decent medical smartwatch. It also has a temperature sensor and can monitor perspiration, both of which are lacking in the Apple Watch 7.
However, the Fitbit Charge 5 doesn’t have built-in cellular or safety tracking, both of which are offered by the Apple Watch 7.
Like the Apple Watch 7, the Fitbit Charge 5 also offers ECG monitoring, but it doesn’t have its own app for it. In order for users to access the sensor to track heart rate data, they need to subscribe to a Fitbit Premium subscription. Other than the ECG app, the subscription also gives users a Daily Readiness Score, which measures energy levels, fatigue scores, and sleep tracking.
But here’s the thing: the subscription service fee for the Fitbit Premium is $9.99 a month. Over a course of 2 years, that and the Fitbit Charge 5 will cost you over $350. Wouldn’t it make sense to invest in the Apple Watch 7, which only means a one-time payment?
Similar to the Fitbit Charge 5, the Fitbit Sense offers the same features in terms of health functions: heart rate recovery, stress management, and ECG. It can also detect irregular heart rhythms.
In fact, it was the first of the Fitbit series to include the ECG. Both of them have GPS, Fitbit Pay for transactions, as well as smartphone notifications. However, the difference between the two Fitbit models should not be ignored. For instance, the Fitbit Charge 5’s battery lasts a full day longer than the Sense. The Charge 5 also boasts a larger screen area.
In terms of price, the Charge 5 is significantly cheaper than the Fitbit Sense, with more or less the same medical features. Therefore, if the primary focus of the user is on health and fitness monitoring, then Fitbit Charge is a clear winner.
Fitbit Smartwatches are an excellent tool for anyone looking to achieve their fitness goals. With a range of features and personalized coaching, these smartwatches can help you monitor your fitness levels and stay motivated. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced fitness enthusiast, consider getting a Fitbit Smartwatch to help you achieve your fitness goals.